That’s What Friends Are For Gala – WHAT A NIGHT!!
On Thursday, June 4, 2015, the Friends of the Museums of Mississauga hosted their 16th annual fundraising Gala in support of the Museums of Mississauga. Over the past 15 years, the Gala has raised over $160,000.
Thanks to our guests and sponsors, the 2015 Gala raised over $22,000!!!
On June 4th, our guests experienced a very different Gala from previous years – simply said, a re-invented Gala complete with a new name – That’s What Friends Are For Gala. The Gala welcomed twice as many guests offering them full access to the historic Holcim Waterfront Estate. Our guests embraced the 1930s theme, many arriving in formal wear reflecting the era. As they arrived, they were welcomed by two Model A Ford cars where a photographer was ready to capture the moment.
Guests also enjoyed a beautiful view of Lake Ontario on the Estate’s back patio while they mingled during the wine reception, one stop shopping at the silent auction in the Harding House, and fine dining while listening to smooth jazz in the outdoor dining tent.
Relive the Gala night here on this tribute video kindly put together by Jazz Plazma.
And for the grand finale – spectacular fireworks lighting up the night skies over Lake Ontario. What a memorable night!!!
A fundraising event such as the Gala cannot happen without dedicated volunteers, wonderful guests and supportive sponsors – That’s What Friends Are For!
Essential to the fundraising at the That’s What Friends Are For Gala are the Silent Auction and the LIVE Auction. Friends of the Museums of Mississauga thank all of our donors, and encourage you to support these community-minded businesses who have contributed to the Auctions, with your patronage!
- 4 Cats Art Studio – Port Credit
- Alice R. Fahey Ins. Agency Inc., State Farm
- Stella Ambler MP
- Anne Fabierkiewicz
- Anthony’s Hair Salon
- Bleu Venue Events
- Camille Muller
- City of Mississauga – Clarkson/Port Credit
- City of Mississauga – Lakeview Golf
- Colio Estate Wines
- CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Dolly Mixtures for Hair
- J.W. Davis Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Doug Auld & Son Butchers
- Emina Music
- Erin Mills Limousine Services
- Forget Me Not Flowers & Decor
- Friend of the Friends
- Friends of the Museums of Mississauga
- Grace Ryder
- Great War Flying Museum
- Hardwood Ski & Bike
- Hershey Centre
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville
- Home Hardware – Clarkson
- Integra Tire Auto Centre
- John Grant Haulage
- John Pegram
- Joyce Delves
- Julie Morris, Broker – Royal LePage
- Karen Kingsbury
- Karyn Butt
- Kathleen M. Yeoman, Legal Professional Corporation
- Ladner’s Clothiers
- Linea Hair Studio/Day Spa
- Living Arts Centre
- Lorne Park Jewelers
- Lynn Still, Sutton Group Real Estate
- M&M Auto Service & Repair
- Maplecrest Farm
- Melanie’s Nails & Esthetics Studio
- Melfort Cottage
- Michael’s Back Door Restaurant
- Michael’s Hair, Body, Mind
- Mira Coghlan
- Mississauga Quilters Guild
- Mississauga Steelheads
- Museums of Mississauga
- Nesmeh’s Retreat
- Pet Valu, Clarkson
- Power Institute
- Reunion Island Coffee
- Second Wind Pilates Plus
- Sheridan Nurseries
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- South Hill Designs
- Square One
- Stampin Monsters
- Ste. Anne’s Spa
- SVS Marketing
- The Artist’s Friend
- The Barn
- Walden Circle Retirement Corporation
- Wee Rent It, Clarkson
- White Rock Media (the HazeFM.ca)